Cariina collects information when you use our services. This privacy statement outlines and describes:
• The information Cariina collect from users.
• How the information is used by Cariina.
• The rights and options available to users.
It is important to note that at no point in time Cariina will disclose personal information. The term “Personal Information” refers explicitly to information that may be used to identify user such as child’s name, parent’s name, child’s home address, and emails.
Scope and Application
Collection of Information
The information that is directly provided to us on behalf of the school is used mainly for the creation of the user’s account. For parents the information required to do so includes: parent’s/guardian’s email, phone number, number of children, name of children, child’s home address, school, and selected child’s bus. For drivers the information required for the creation of the account include: name, email, phone number, bus plate, bus number, and official ID.
When you use Cariina, we collect information about you in the following categories:
• Location Information: When you use our services we collect precise location and time data about the bus route. We also collect approximate location and time data from IP address during your use of the app.
• Usage and Preference Information: We collect information on how the user interacts with our app, the preferences expressed, and settings chosen.
• Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
• Call Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Schools in the case of an emergency. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call and the parties’ phone numbers.
•Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like but not limited to: device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, and app crashes and other system activity.
Most mobile platforms, such as iOs and Andriod, have certain types of device data that cannot be access without the user’s consent. These platforms have different permission systems for obtaining the user’s consent. In the iOS plataform the system will alert the user the first time Cariina’s app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android will notify you of the permissions Cariina seeks to use before the first use of the app, and the use of the app constitutes your consent.
Use of Information
We may use the information collected about you to:
• Provide, maintain, and improve the Cariina services. This includes, for example, develop new features, provide customer support to Parents and Drivers, develop safety features, improve existing fixture, improve app’s efficiency, etc.
• Perform internal operations. This in order to prevent the abuse or misuse of our service; fix operational problems such as troubleshoot software bugs; conduct data analysis, testing, research, and to monitor and analyze the usage and activity trends.
• Send and facilitate communications in the app such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), pick up and drop off times, etc.
• Personalize and improve the app for example by including and developing new and recommended features.To improve user experience. For example Cariina may use data to improve mapping accuracy.
• To send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Services.
• To create aggregated and/ or anonymous data (where such data does not enable the identification of a specific user).
Cariina may transfer the information described in this Privacy Statement, and process and store it in other countries, which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. If this ends up being the case Cariina will take appropriate measures and responsibility to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
Sharing of Information
Cariina may share information collected from the user as described in this Statement or as described at the time it will be collected or shared, including the following:
Through our services
We may share your information:
• With drivers in order to enable them to use the driver profile in the app. Which allows them to know where to pick up and drop off your child and who your child is.
• With any necessary third parties engaged by Cariina or the School.
Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
• In response to competent authority that request access for information is we believe disclosure of information is required or in accordance with any applicable law or legal process;
• With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe user actions are inconsistent with the User agreements, or other policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of other Cariina users;
• With Cariina subsidiaries and affiliates that on our behalf conduct services and data processing, or for data centralization, or/and logistics services;
• With consultants, vendors, marketing partners or other outsourced service providers that need access to the information on our behalf;
• In connections during or in negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Cariina’ business by or into another company;
• In an anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify the user;
• If we otherwise notify you and you consent to sharing.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
The user may correct the account information at any time by emailing .
Cariina will comply with user’s individual regarding access, correction, or exclusion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law. Please note in some cases we may retain certain information about you such as but not limited to pick up and drop off times and locations.
Cariina requests permission for our app’s collection of precise location from the user’s device. If the user initially allows the collection of this information, the user can later disable it by changing the location settings through the systems settings. Nevertheless, this will limit the ability for the use of certain features in the app, especially for Drivers who wont access to the main map and other important features in the Cariina app.
Changes to the Statement
Cariina may change this statement at any moment. If there are significant changes made regarding personal information, or any other aspect of the statement that in our perspective directly affects the user, Cariina will provide notice. This done by email or any other mean Cariina feels is more convenient. The continued use of the app after changes are taken place constitutes in the consent to the changes. Cariina recommends users to stay updated to our privacy statement and other legal documents.